Here is some code for the front page, if somebody can put it on:
Note: You must be using Cherokee Unicode Supported Fonts to view this site. Information on obtaining and installing Cherokee Unicode Fonts for Windows 2000 and Windows XP is available on the Cherokee Unicode page. Mac OS X from version 10.3 (Panther), Windows Vista and the Linux Operating System include default support for displaying the Cherokee Language in syllabary.
and then on the bottom:
|Other Cherokee Wikimedia Projects:||
anyone? I am on Mac OS X and can see the characters. If the note is cross-platform it's useful and more neutral--Esteban.barahona 06:23, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
Bot Request[ᎦᏁᏟᏴᏓ ᎰᏪᎸᎦ]
I am requesting a Bot account to upload and correct articles and remove english words from any existing articles and convert into Syllabary.
Archive Materials[ᎦᏁᏟᏴᏓ ᎰᏪᎸᎦ]
The official Cherokee Nation font is here: http://www.cherokee.org/home.aspx?section=culture&culture=dldisplay&ID=NJ1eYu1xTrA= Here's an article by someone who started creating a Cherokee font: http://www.cherokee.org/home.aspx?section=culture&culture=dldisplay&ID=NJ1eYu1xTrA=
Maybe someone can help fix the front page's link.
- The Cherokee Nation Font is not unicode compatible, so it's worthless for this project. There's already a unicode standard for Cherokee, and sadly, the Nation is not using it despite my best efforts to get Todd and the folks there to move to it. Here's the correction for the front page. meta:User:Jmerkey 01:29, 16 August 2006 (UTC)
Cherokee Sidebar Translation[ᎦᏁᏟᏴᏓ ᎰᏪᎸᎦ]
Here's the translation (noticed your comments). I know how to do it on a MediaWiki, but not on meta through the menus. You may know how to do this on meta. Jmerkey 16:45, 11 August 2006 (UTC)
ᎠᏂᎩᏍᏗ ᏥᏳ (navigate)
* ᎤᏆᏓᏛ ᏄᎬᏫᏳᏒ (main page) * ᏂᏕᎦᎵᏍᏔᏂᏙᎲ (goings-on/events) * ᏚᏆᏓᏛ ᏂᎦᏛ (all pages) * Wikimedia ᏗᏤᎢ (Wikimedia news) * ᎾᎥ ᏄᎾᏓᎸ ᎠᏍᏚᎢᏍᏗ (community portal) * ᎠᎵᏱᎵᏒ ᎧᏃᎮᏗ ᏂᏕᎦᎵᏍᏔᏂᏙᎲ (current events) * ᎾᏞᎬ ᏗᎦᏁᏟᏴᏍᏗ (recent changes) * ᎤᏍᏆᏂᎪᏗ ᎤᏆᏓᏛ (mystery (random) page) * ᎠᎵᏍᏕᎸᏗ (help) * ᎠᏓᏍᏕᎸᏗ (donations)
ᎠᏯᏍᏗ (search) * ᎠᎾᎩᏍᏗ (go, do it, execute) * ᎠᏯᏍᏗ (search)
ᎪᎱᏍᏗ ᎬᏔᏂᏓᏍᏗ ᎧᏁᏌᎢ (box of tools)
* ᎦᏙ ᎤᏍᏗ ᏗᏕᎬᏔᏛ ᎠᎭᏂ (what links here) * ᎪᎱᏍᏗ ᎠᎾᏓᏛᏂ ᏗᎦᏁᏟᏴᏍᏗ (related changes) * ᏗᎦᎴᏴᏗᏍᎩ ᏗᎵᏍᎪᎸᏙᏗ (user contributions) * ᎦᎸᎳᏗᏢ ᎠᎧᎵᎢ ᎠᏝᎥᎢ (upload file) * ᎤᏤᎵᏛ ᏚᏆᏓᏛ (special pages) * ᏗᎦᎴᏴᏗᏍᎩ ᎪᏪᎵ ᏫᎦᏅᏅ (send user an email) * ᎦᎴᏯᏛ ᏅᎬᎪᏔᏅᎯ (print edition) * ᏂᎪᎯᎸ ᏕᎬᏔᏛ (permanent link)
ᎭᏫᎾᏗᏢ ᏐᎢ ᏗᎦᏬᏂᎯᏍᏗ (other languages)
Anyone Around[ᎦᏁᏟᏴᏓ ᎰᏪᎸᎦ]
Is anybody still working on this project?--Cherokeekid 19:20, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
I haven't had a user account on here before because I basically can not communicate in Cherokee, but I was also wondering if anyone was still using this thing so I thought I would add my thoughts to that. Also will stop by here again to see if there is anything I can do to help work on this. Cheers, Nesnad 14:45, 15 August 2008 (UTC)
Latin to Cherokee Transliterator[ᎦᏁᏟᏴᏓ ᎰᏪᎸᎦ]
I created a transliterator today. Hopefully you will find it useful!
It is located here. Give it a try:
- Into the text box type "tsalagi".
- Click the transliterate button. The page should reload and give you ᏣᎳᎩ.
Now try it with the phrase "tsalapgi". The result will be ᏣᎳpᎩ. The letter 'p' does not exist in Cherokee, so it can't be transliterated.
KJBurns 01:07, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
Idea for an article: A stub about the City of en:Houston[ᎦᏁᏟᏴᏓ ᎰᏪᎸᎦ]
Why not make a stub about Houston for the Cherokee Wikipedia? WhisperToMe 02:25, 27 ᎠᏄᏱ 2009 (UTC)
Closure proposal[ᎦᏁᏟᏴᏓ ᎰᏪᎸᎦ]
Since the growth of this Wikipedia in the last two years has been almost zero, and judging by the recent changes and new pages, nobody is working on this any more, I am going to propose the closure of this wiki on Meta. --Leptictidium 23:33, 17 ᏥᎶᏂ 2009 (UTC)
Sysop rights[ᎦᏁᏟᏴᏓ ᎰᏪᎸᎦ]
I'm not sure why the person above me says zero, because I know I am contributing what I can. ( I have done quite a few touch-ups recently, and even added two stub articles myself. That's NOT zero.) In fact, I think a lot of the slow down in growth around here is there aren't enough people with sysop rights to really work on things. For example, I made a nice (and badly needed) upgrade to the main page (currently in a rough form on my userpage) but I can't provide it here because I don't have sysop rights. Someone able to grant those to me here? I don't think anyone here can do that, but just in case, that would help. Cheers, Nesnad 14:44, 17 October 2009 (UTC)
- I've seen all the work you've done here - thank you for it - and I believe you should have sysop rights, since you have exhibited good judgement. -ᎤᏴᏍᏗ 22:18, 4 December 2010 (UTC)Uyvsdi
Sysop request[ᎦᏁᏟᏴᏓ ᎰᏪᎸᎦ]
ᎣᏍᏲ, I would like to request sysop rights on this wiki, especially so I can help with the recent spate of spam. Please voice your opposition or support. ᏩᏙ ᎠᎴ ᎣᏏᏳ, -ᎤᏴᏍᏗ 22:18, 4 December 2010 (UTC)Uyvsdi
- Thanks for your support above, and I already had temporary sysop rights, my message was old. I totally support this user for sysop rights, and think this user should have them for quite a long time--- Uyvsdi's editing history is an example of great effort. Nesnad 10:12, 8 December 2010 (UTC)
- A very big support! :) This user is around for a very long time and has made a lot of useful edits. I fully trust this user and think he can handle the tools perfectly. :) --Ooswesthoesbes 20:18, 8 December 2010 (UTC)
ᏩᏙ ᏂᎦᏓ! (It's cool to see multiple real people on this wiki) -ᎤᏴᏍᏗ 05:03, 9 December 2010 (UTC)Uyvsdi
- We're regularly watching, but unfortunately I can't help a lot :( --Ooswesthoesbes 05:59, 13 December 2010 (UTC)
Wikipedia in Tatar[ᎦᏁᏟᏴᏓ ᎰᏪᎸᎦ]
Dear friends, may I ask you to add a hyperlink to our Tatar Wikipedia (http://tt.wikipedia.org) to yourr Front page. Tatars - are turkic nation living in Tatarstan Republic, second biggest nation in Russian Federation. hope to hear from you soon. sincerely yours, Muhtac 21:58, 20 ᎠᏄᏱ 2011 (UTC)
- The link to tt:Баш бит was made in Wikidata item Q5296. It links to all WP language project Main pages. -- Cheers, Deborahjay (talk) 12:03, 11 ᏚᎵᎢᏍᏗ 2020 (UTC)
Survey on this wikipedia[ᎦᏁᏟᏴᏓ ᎰᏪᎸᎦ]
Hi, I'm sorry, but I cannot speak Cherokee. I therefore write in English, if it is okay. I am from Germany, Bremen, and I am studying linguistics and I have a seminar on language ausbau. This is, when a language doesn't have enough words to express all the modern things and it gets then upgrated with new expressions to fulfill it. And I want to study how Wikipedia can help on that and this is why I doing those surveys. I have two questions for you: 1. What do you think is the contribution of Wikipedia that your languages gets beter developped and gets new expressions for modern things, 2. How do you build new words, are there certain patterns or methods? (And would you be so kind and show me, where you are discussing on new words?) I would be really thankful, if there came some meanings and answers together. Thank you very much, Sincerely Zylbath 17:01, 13 September 2011 (UTC)
Additional Transliterator[ᎦᏁᏟᏴᏓ ᎰᏪᎸᎦ]
Wōdenhelm 22:11, 27 October 2011 (UTC)